Monday, August 11, 2008

Auric Goldfinger

His company's web-site doesn't say anything about world domination, but he's ended a 112 year drought. Not all Bindras are controversial.
His Wikipedia entry was updated within an hour of the news. Shows a certain amount of confidence, since it must have been ready in expectation of the medal.

Now to wait for the Colonel's showdown on 12th August.

Update: The Colonel blew up on the launch pad. And I was horrified that the ToI used "Goldfinger" in their headline. Rather than conclude that I have started thinking like them, I shall Assume They Read My Blog. (Now to identify the Other Six Readers. Stand up when I call your names ... )

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Watched the entire finals, and jumped out of the seat after that final 10.8 - something usually involved in cricket celebrations.

Great feeling.

ichatteralot said...

I remember the days when I was in school - the medal tally looked quite hopelessly empty except for an odd bronze. Now we have a golden glow!

The general euphoria seems to be a little less than Indian cricket wins though

Anonymous said...

The colonel disappoints!

Waiting for the AFC football cup.

Sucharita Sarkar said...

Bindra's brought us aurum and awe,
Rathore's silver was lost on a flaw.

That's the India story, I guess...one medal, upgrading from Atlanta's bronze to Beijing's gold, but refusing to multiply (how UNLIKE us).

BTW, will get the spouse (who is part of the thieving TOI team at Mumbai) to investigate into alleged headline-theft!

Phantasmagoria said...

Present Sir.